Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Health and Medicine > Alternative and Survival Medicine

Alternative and Survival Medicine Investigations and discussion into health systems, practices, and products that are not considered part of conventional medicine.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:53 PM   #1
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

Thanked 4,254 Times in 1,752 Posts
Default Healing Frequencies

I don't know if there is any scientific proof to support it. There are many videos related to the idea of it. Your thoughts?

Women are Angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that
blue gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
Mousehound
Senior Level 6

Thanked 2,899 Times in 1,280 Posts
It is said that the frequencies of a cat purring has healing effects. I followed up on this idea, and this is what I found.

Quote:
Scientists have demonstrated that cats produce the purr through intermittent signaling of the laryngeal and diaphragmatic muscles. Cats purr during both inhalation and exhalation with a consistent pattern and frequency between 25 and 150 Hertz. Various investigators have shown that sound frequencies in this range can improve bone density and promote healing.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...-do-cats-purr/
I found a skeptic's critique here. It is well worth reading through, but here is a little excerpt.

Quote:
So... what to make of this? It seems that low intensity ultrasound has definite evidence going for it in terms of bone growth stimulation. Also, acoustic shockwaves from the patent are also cited, but my skim showed them referring to frequencies in the ultrasonic range as well (I could have missed something, though). However, a cat purr is not going to use their supplied method of causing bone bleeding.

I could find no evidence for the claims that I think would be required to support what you're asking about, thought. Namely, nothing supporting:

cat purrs themselves for healing bones, various illnesses and/or other bodily damage
acoustic waves themselves in the range of 50-150 Hz (the range of purring frequencies) for healing

For one last thought... we are quite ignorant of all the variables involved the body's healing. One's outlook, the placebo effect, stress levels, etc. I wouldn't doubt that one's psychological disposition due to the presence of a beloved pet really could have an effect -- I just don't think there's anything particularly amazing about the "power of a purr" at this particular moment

http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/qu...-heal-injuries

Don't be afraid to be open-minded. Your brain won't fall out.

Calorie Counter
Mousehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:39 PM   #3
dyrt
. . .

Well, there is shaman, placebo, faith and wishful thinking that heals. It works. Almost anything can be healing if everybody involved believes it.

Then there is the scientific method of observing and measuring the physical effects of medicine with our current technology but our machines can't measure everything.

We have evolved with the frequencies of our universe, galaxy and planet so i suspect our well being is affected by it. Our universal environment has changed over time so I don't think we are very sensitive or at least we are fairly adaptable to changes in frequencies.

Marshall McLuhan said "the medium is the message." In other words, the content is less important than the frequencies. He said that devices like radio, television etc. change individuals and societies in physical ways that is more profound than the perception of content.

There are probably destructive and healing frequencies. It would interesting for some the purveyors of healing machines to do some serious studies and see if any methods exceed a placebo effect. Otherwise, buyers beware.
dyrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #4
linttrap
it's time for the Guillotine, again

Thanked 19,404 Times in 6,189 Posts
They're working on it.

http://www.web-us.com/thescience.htm

http://www.transparentcorp.com/produ...ntrainment.php

The truth shall set you free but not til it is finished with you.
David Foster Wallace
linttrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:17 PM   #5
sandyd
Beach Fun

Thanked 1,638 Times in 679 Posts
I used them on a dog that was expected to die over 2 yrs ago when he seized and puked and inhaled and then had pneumonia from that. He was on subq fluids, no food, antibiotic shots and still was given less than a 10% chance.

I figured he was just laying there breathing and healing as best he could anyway so I played the second youtube and a couple of others over and over from my phone.

He still is with me today Did it help? I dunno. Did not hurt
Old 08-28-2014, 11:03 PM   #6
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 5,790 Times in 2,865 Posts
Just a few honest questions.

Why modulate? Wouldn't a pure wave at the frequency be best if it is the "real" frequency?

If there are many frequency, why not get pure white noise encompassing all the frequencies. Wouldn't that be better?

Old 08-28-2014, 11:11 PM   #7
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 5,790 Times in 2,865 Posts
Ha, I had to turn off that white noise.

5 minutes of it and my mind started doing strange things.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #8
andy
Senior Level 5

Thanked 1,226 Times in 658 Posts
I had a customer that was a noise guy. He was really, really into different types of random noise. He would experiment with different "junctions". I was clueless, but this guy really got into it. Typically, the "whisker" of a 1N34 would be used. The 1N34 is a germanium diode. It is famous for use in the old crystal radios. Anyway, this guy would put in 1N914/4148s, 1N4xxxs, and then he got freaky and stated putting in 2Nxxxx (2 legs - of course). I do not have the slightest idea what he got out of it. This was 20 years ago. He did say it got sort of weird. I think the human brain does not deal well with meaningless noise and starts to look for meaning, function, and form where none exists. Intellectually, that is why it is creepy. I might just play with it for a while - for fun.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:52 PM   #9
andy
Senior Level 5

Actually, I have studied some of the frequencies. One of them, I think it was like 8.72 HZ, something like that, anyway, it allowed most people to see ghosts. I have not done it - but it sounds very scientific. Apparently, the human eye is sensitive to that frequency and the vibrating eye starts to see shadows cause by the frequency on the eye fluid. Of course the shadows are bot ghosts. But it was still unexpected.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:58 PM   #10
andy
Senior Level 5

Right now, I am studying around 0.01 HZ up to about 1-2 HZ. I have this cool A to D, DATAQ720 with about 16 channels. The software was free!
Old 09-02-2014, 11:18 PM   #11
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

Thanked 4,254 Times in 1,752 Posts
I'm tired so I'm just going to put this link out there to contemplate tomorrow:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci..._cambio06a.htm

Women are Angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that
blue gecko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frequencies, healing