Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Health and Medicine > Alternative and Survival Medicine

Alternative and Survival Medicine Investigations and discussion into health systems, practices, and products that are not considered part of conventional medicine.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #51
Mousehound
Senior Level 6

Thanked 2,899 Times in 1,280 Posts
I was able to get a better deal on toe socks, 10 pairs for 30 Euros, instead of 14 Euros a pair. If they are good, I'll buy more. I also ordered a pair of different toe spreaders that I can walk around with. They weren't cheap though. If they are crap, I'm going to send them back.

Don't be afraid to be open-minded. Your brain won't fall out.

Calorie Counter
Mousehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:34 AM   #52
lilly

Made a mistake and carried a very heavy package for a few blocks which stressed my foot. Back to square one.

A Reiki practitioner in the next building cradled my foot for fifteen minutes. Didn't really help. She also has had plantar fasciitis and suggested the sandals she uses daily for the problem. They sell them at REI's but will check out Amazon as the REI's sale goes on in the fall.

Amazing how much we take for granted healthwise and bodywise as long as everything is working in harmony.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:30 PM   #53
lilly

Two new things I will be trying. I have been taking Apple Cider Vinegar capsules. Will be adding ginger, tumeric and grape seed to the herb and spice routine.

Also soaking some brown paper in apple cider vinegar, letting it dry and putting it into my shoes.

Freezing a cup of water and rolling it under my foot three times a day for 20 minutes while watching T.V..

Going to get a foam roller to roll over my calves and legs.

Buy some marigold seeds to grow marigolds to massage my feet in crushed Marigolds mixed with coconut oil. Get some from Fred Meyers already grown.

I like self help that is cheap and easy.

Maybe I delude myself. But I never argue if it works.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #54
CanadaSue
SuperModerator

Thanked 11,047 Times in 5,057 Posts
lilly - be aware that plantar fasciitis can take months of treatment to improve. Give it time.
Feather (05-31-2014)
Old 05-31-2014, 04:11 PM   #55
Sarrah
Granny has danced 6,809 plus--->

Those videos that you posted Blue Gecko. Have been a great help to a lot of people in this area. My caregiver has been limping with it and I don't like to see her having to walk around here suffering.
However, she needs the work and we need her work so it has become sort of a joint problem. We suffer from seeing her pain and she of course has the pain. I sent her the You tube videos by email and she was delighted to get them. She is trained in dispensing medications at a local nursing home and passed along the video info to the owner of the place.
CG (care giver) said they had a lady just about ready to go in and have surgery and they were all deeply concerned about the surgery. She will pass the info a long and research it and is sure the lady will wait until they find out about it. So BG has done a great service to many people already.
Do to you posting this thread you have helped a lot of people. Possibly an entire nursing home. Perhaps the same with many other readers of this thread.
Thank you.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:09 PM   #56
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

Thanked 4,254 Times in 1,752 Posts
Wow! How cool is THAT! You're welcome! I've been passing on the information around here as well. I can't take complete credit for it though, another massage therapist got me started

Women are Angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that
blue gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:16 PM   #57
Sarrah
Granny has danced 6,809 plus--->

Good pass the good news along to her and we'll say thank you backwards.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:46 PM   #58
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

I will do that! I've been using toe spreaders on my clients during their massage and the difference they make even in that short of time (after the foot/lower leg massage) is remarkable. I give them the spreader I used so they can use it at home....looks like I'm going to have to order some more LOL. The feedback has been very positive.

Women are Angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that
Old 06-01-2014, 11:11 AM   #59
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

The other massage therapist is tickled

Some more of the series:

Old 06-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #60
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

Old 06-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #61
lilly

My use of the cut out brown paper insoles soaked in apple cider vinegar, then frozen and used first thing in the morning is working for me.

Just cut out a template of your own foot on a brown paper grocery bag. I use four layers, and will make more when I go shopping next time. I soak them, put them in the freezer overnite and use the insert in my wave sandal or birkenstock for a while as I sit and watch T.V.. It seems to be enough to stop the pain first thing in the morning. The sandal isn't damaged, but the icy cold on the entire foot seems to work.

Also am taking the occassional Ibuprofen first thing. I had been taking a lot of aspirin, and I started bruising, so switched. I don't take the pain anti inflammatory pill all the time, just before rather than after I've been enduring the pain.

I really love this brown paper bag insole frozen. Doesn't cost a cent, and it is working for me.

Of course I will be babying my feet from here on in. I now know how crucial my feet are for daily activities. I've had crippling weeks from calves, popped achilles tendons, hamstring tears, knee problems, but this has been the worst, and for the longest period ,since overdoing things puts you back to square one.

I had no idea carrying a heavy shopping bad for 3 blocks would be so debilitating.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #62
lilly

I recommend the tracing of a template on brown paper bag and making a thicker than one layer. I'm going to make it 8 layers thick when I get some more brown grocery bags.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #63
Mousehound
Senior Level 6

Thanked 2,899 Times in 1,280 Posts
I got a pair of these to wear during the day, and walk around with. They take some getting used to. I'm wearing them with my flip-flops at the moment. I intend to give them a try with yoga, and other floor exercises where my toes tend to cramp up. Toe cramps can be a really bad problem for me sometimes.

http://www.joyatoes.com/two-sizes-of-toe-spreaders/

Don't be afraid to be open-minded. Your brain won't fall out.

Calorie Counter
Mousehound is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mousehound For This Useful Post:
blue gecko (06-05-2014)
Old 06-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #64
lilly

My fasciitis is abating little by little. Getting more and more bearable, though sometimes my toes cramp up on my right foot. Left foot fasciitis, Left knee problematic. I think that my collapsing knee had a bit to do with the fasciitis happening. altered gait, imbalances.

Shocked how many in this building have this problem. Someone offered me the loan of their cart for groceries. Willl have to buy my own as carrying anything heavier than a handbag it problematic with this fasciitis.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:27 PM   #65
lilly

Now that winter is on us, I found the best socks at the thrift store. New for 50 cents. Novaplus hospital socks. They have these gripping sucker white things all over. New and so comfortable. Think they are much more expensive in retail stores.

It is really amazing what shows up in the sock and stockings bin. All new donations, not used.

Since the plantar fasciitis I have been taking very good care of my feet. I don't want to become like so many of the women here.

The new rubber type sandals are heavenly, the Z sandals. When summer comes I definatly will buy another pair in a retail shop or Amazon. I haven't worn anything else since I got them a few weeks ago. You literally fly along on a cloud of comfort.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Feather (11-27-2014)

Tags
foot, pain