Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Health and Medicine > Flu Clinic > Flu Prep

Flu Prep This room is dedicated only to discussion of medical preparation for flu and the mitigation of the spread or symptoms of influenza. Please use the Prep Room for generic prep discussions (food, water, security, etc.)

Old 12-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #26
Malcolm
Senior Level 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCA View Post
I got my first ever &%$#$ flu shot on Tuesday. I had a slight head cold, nothing major, and after practically forcing me into agreeing to the damn shot, I asked my new doctor if I should wait until after my head cold was cleared up. He said it was no big deal.

Now I have a major chest cold going on. My flipping ribs hurt from coughing so much, and I had to cancel my physical therapy today on my shoulder injury (which is why I went to the doctor in the first place) because I am so blasted sick. $#@#%^ flu shot!

(Andrea crawls off toward the recliner, reeking of garlic and vicks, and covered in snot and phlegm.)
Iv got it too so perhaps it was "NOT" the flu shot.
Some-thing nasty going around and its Summer

Got it Monday and havnt had a flu shot for a few years
Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:30 PM   #27
Justathought

014-2015 Influenza Vaccine Composition:

The vaccine viruses recommended by WHO for the 2014-15 northern hemisphere influenza season are the same as those for the northern hemisphere 2013-14 influenza season and 2014 southern hemisphere season.

The WHO Vaccine Composition Meeting for the 2014-2015 season was held February 17 -19, 2014 at WHO headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. On February 20, the Meeting recommended that trivalent vaccines for use in the Northern Hemisphere 2014-15 influenza season contain the following:

•an A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
•an A/Texas/50/2012 (H3N2)-like virus;
•a B/Massachusetts/2/2012-like virus.

The Meeting also recommended that quadrivalent vaccines containing two influenza B viruses contain the above three viruses and a B/Brisbane/60/2008-like virus.

Later this month, VRBAC will meet and decide for the United States the composition for the Northern Hemisphere 2014-2015 influenza vaccine.

The WHO Vaccine Composition Meeting for Southern Hemisphere 2014 influenza season vaccines was held September 23-26, 2013, at WHO headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The recommended composition is the same as the composition of 2013-2014 Northern Hemisphere vaccines.

JT
Justathought is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flu, reminder, shot