Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > Lookout Tower

Lookout Tower ThisBlueMarble's sentinels keep watch in this tower for imminent danger. Threads here contain essential reports or information that Members need to know about NOW.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:57 PM   #1
Catbird
Chasing my tailfeathers

Thanked 8,276 Times in 3,379 Posts
Default Terrorism: Attacks, Threats and Fallout in TBM's World

NV had a great idea and started a thread about Domestic Terrorism to keep track of what is happening in the U.S.

But, because TBM's members come from many different countries, we felt it was important to include info about attacks and threats in all the countries that make up TBM's world.

Our goal for this thread is for it to be an easily accessed, one-stop thread where members can stay current about specific threats and attacks in their countries, and that of other members.

This thread will remain here in the Lookout Tower. Any TBM member, no matter what country they live in, should feel free to post info about terrorist acts and threats that may be happening where they live or where other forum members live. It can also include information about countries where members may have family, or where members may be visiting. Information about actions and responses by governments and security/police agencies such as new border controls, travel restrictions, or lock downs like Brussels, is also be welcome.

Please keep in mind that this thread is primarily intended for info about terrorist actions and threats that are associated with ISIS or other Islamist-based people or groups. That includes home-grown radicalized terrorists as well as imported terrorists.

It IS NOT the place to post things that happen in a country which are motivated by internal political differences, independence movements or are simply criminal activity. Examples include the drug wars in Mexico, riots in Australia's migrant centers, the recent increase in IRA-associated bombs, protests against Japan's war history, and Kurdish separatists. This is also not the place to post about territorial disputes, such as Ukraine and Crimea, or the South China Sea. Posts about those types of actions will be removed from this thread and placed elsewhere.

Feel free to post info about threats or attacks that might be Islamist-associated, even if no one has publicly claimed responsibility yet. If the incident turns out not to be an Islamist-based act, we'll move the posts to a new, separate thread.

This thread will include copies of the posts from NV's original thread which will then be locked.

Finally, in case anyone was wondering, to the best of our knowledge, these are the countries which make up TBM's world. If you know of any that we missed, please feel free to post it and it will be added to this list.

TBM'S WORLD
  • AUSTRALIA
  • BANGLADESH
  • CANADA
  • EGYPT
  • FRANCE
  • GERMANY
  • JAPAN
  • MEXICO
  • NEW ZEALAND
  • SWEDEN (or wherever Samen is calling home )
  • TURKEY
  • UNITED KINGDOM
  • UNITED STATES

This thread is one way that forum members can reach out to other members and provide critically important information. Despite our differences, or perhaps because of them, we all care about each other and this thread will let us all do our bit to help and protect each other.

To borrow a phrase (since Carson isn't here):

Keep calm and post!

Thanks for your cooperation and let's all sincerely hope that this thread doesn't get a lot of activity.

"It's not inequality which is the real misfortune, it's dependence." Voltaire
Catbird is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catbird For This Useful Post:
lonfa (11-26-2015), NowVoyager (11-25-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 06:03 PM   #2
Catbird
Chasing my tailfeathers

Originally posted by NV in Terrorism threats/ alerts, etc - Domestic

11-21-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Taking a cue from CatBird when I saw this article:

FBI: Officials taking report about ISIS threat seriously in Atlanta

FBI officials have confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that they are taking seriously a report about an ISIS threat at a WWE event in Atlanta on Sunday.

The FBI released the following statement to Channel 2 Action News:

"The FBI is aware of reports of an alleged threat that includes an Atlanta, Georgia venue and event. While we take all threats seriously, we do not have specific or credible information of an attack at this time. We have, however, made the proper notifications as we continue to work closely with our law enforcement and private sector partners to keep our community safe."

FBI official: taking #Anonymous report about #Isis threat @ #WWE event in #Atlanta seriously @wsbtv#BREAKING— Mark Winne (@MarkWinneWSB) November 21, 2015

The hacker group Anonymous said Saturday that it had uncovered information about Islamic State group attacks in Paris as well as locations in the U.S.

According to an article in the International Business Times:

"Anonymous also said the Islamic State group is planning an assault at the WWE Survivor Series event scheduled to take place in the Philips Arena in Atlanta Sunday at 7.30 p.m. EST, as well as attacks at multiple events in Paris. "

Channel 2's Mark Winne spoke with the director of the Georgia Emergency Management Agency, Jim Butterworth, who said his agency is working closely with the FBI, the Georgia Information Sharing and Analysis Center and others in evaluating the threat on a Sunday WWE event in Atlanta reported by the group Anonymous.

Source suggests Isis info re #wwe event may simply be posting it as suggested target for lone wolf @wsbtv— Mark Winne (@MarkWinneWSB) November 21, 2015

A source tells Winne that the Atlanta Police Department is talking about replanning the WWE event for Sunday.

Source-- no known active plot re #wwe event @wsbtv— Mark Winne (@MarkWinneWSB) November 21, 2015

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...atlanta/npSN9/

Old 11-25-2015, 06:12 PM   #3
Catbird
Chasing my tailfeathers

Originally posted by Susie in Terrorism threats/ alerts, etc - Domestic

11-21-2015, 02:08 PM

Attacking anywhere in the bible belt or anything redneck should really get the fat into the fire

Old 11-25-2015, 06:19 PM   #4
Catbird
Chasing my tailfeathers

Originally posted by CanadaSue in Terrorism threats/ alerts, etc - Domestic

11-21-2015, 02:18 PM

The fat is already sizzling.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:30 PM   #5
Catbird
Chasing my tailfeathers

Originally posted by Glockd in Terrorism threats/ alerts, etc - Domestic

11-21-2015, 04:20 PM

76 years ago American's signed up to rid China of the Japanese Air Force. Those pilots got $500 bucks for every kill they made.

Resurrect that idea, even keep the pay the same. In 48 hours you will have enough volunteers to wipe ISIS from the planet in weeks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Catbird For This Useful Post:
Auburn Boy (11-25-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 06:39 PM   #6
Catbird
Chasing my tailfeathers

Originally posted by Sysiphus in Terrorism threats/ alerts, etc - Domestic

11-21-2015, 04:47 PM

When I was growing up, there was a neighbor across the street who had served as a Flying Tiger. The stories he told!

Old 11-25-2015, 06:47 PM   #7
Catbird
Chasing my tailfeathers

Originally posted by Catbird in Terrorism threats/ alerts, etc - Domestic

11-21-2015, 05:00 PM

And that would be because... ?

Fortunately,most of us rednecks who live in the bible belt have the freedom to open carry, or carry with a permit.

This map is a year old but still handy. The most notable change is that TX is now a carry with permit state. But if you do want to carry, it's best to check your state's laws just to be sure.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:52 PM   #8
Malcolm
Senior Level 3

Remember that suspicion that Governments "knew" that the 9/11 thing was coming and just sat on their hands deciding how to use the situation.

I think a similar situation is happening now........... especially in AUSTRALIA
Dont wonder what the muslum agenda is because its obvious ..... blood and mahem.
Wonder what the political agenda is of the politicians who are sitting on their hands is.
Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:54 PM   #9
Catbird
Chasing my tailfeathers

Originally posted by Glockd in Terrorism threats/ alerts, etc - Domestic

Old 11-21-2015, 05:41 PM

I officially serve notice that I hate you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Catbird For This Useful Post:
Auburn Boy (11-25-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 07:22 PM   #10
Catbird
Chasing my tailfeathers

Originally posted by NV in Terrorism threats/ alerts, etc - Domestic

11-23-2015, 06:39 PM

Worldwide travel alert: State Department issues warning for
Quote:
Americans amid increased terror threat

The State Department issued a worldwide travel alert Monday evening for U.S. citizens amid several terror threats overseas.

" Current information suggests that ISIL (aka Da’esh), al-Qa’ida, Boko Haram, and other terrorist groups continue to plan terrorist attacks in multiple regions," a statement from the department read. "These attacks may employ a wide variety of tactics, using conventional and non-conventional weapons and targeting both official and private interests."

"Authorities believe the likelihood of terror attacks will continue as members of ISIL/Da’esh return from Syria and Iraq. Additionally, there is a continuing threat from unaffiliated persons planning attacks inspired by major terrorist organizations but conducted on an individual basis. Extremists have targeted large sporting events, theatres, open markets, and aviation services. In the past year, there have been multiple attacks in France, Nigeria, Denmark, Turkey, and Mali. ISIL/Da’esh has claimed responsibility for the bombing of a Russian airliner in Egypt."

The department says all U.S. citizens should remain vigilant when in public places or using transportation.

Last week, ISIS released a video making threats against New York City. The video showed Times Square, Herald Square and images of terrorists wearing suicide belts.

"We understand it is the goal of terrorists to intimidate and disrupt our democratic society," Mayor Bill de Blasio said. "We will not submit. It's crucial that people go about their normal business recognizing the NYPD is providing extraordinary protection for the people of this city."

To stay informed, people should watch local media and other information sources when making travel plans. Anyone with concerns about their safety should call local police.

People are urged to have a heightened awareness while traveling for the holidays.

The alert expires on February 24, 2016.

http://pix11.com/2015/11/23/worldwid...terror-threat/

Old 11-25-2015, 07:34 PM   #11
Catbird
Chasing my tailfeathers

The above are all the posts from NV's original thread:

Terrorism threats/ alerts, etc - Domestic

That thread is now closed, but can still be read.

Old 11-29-2015, 11:26 PM   #12
Catbird
Chasing my tailfeathers

I'm posting this here because the warning originates from the FBI counter-terrorism office, instead of just local LEO's or the school.

Classes and activities cancelled on Monday at University of Chicago Hyde Park Campus due to threat - @UChicago

More: FBI reported threat at University of Chicago targeted 'the campus quad' Monday 10 am - @ChuckGoudieABC7

Part of a statement from UC
:
Quote:
The University was informed by FBI counterterrorism officials today (Sunday) that an unknown individual posted an online threat of gun violence against the University of Chicago, specifically mentioning “the campus quad” on Monday morning at 10 a.m

Old 11-30-2015, 03:31 PM   #13
Catbird
Chasing my tailfeathers

The UC threat is cleared.

Arrest made in connection to online threat that canceled classes at University of Chicago, officials say - @nbcchicago
Read more on nbcchicago.com

Old 12-29-2015, 08:55 PM   #14
Catbird
Chasing my tailfeathers

Heads up Ter, and anyone else in the area.

United States Embassy, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Security Message for U.S. Citizens
Security Threat in Bangladesh(December 29, 2015)

Quote:
The U.S. Embassy in Dhaka warns U.S. citizens of possible attacks against hotels and clubs in Dhaka in late December 2015, potentially in connection with New Year’s Eve celebrations.

Additionally, Dhaka Metropolitan Police have announced increased security measures on December 31, including a prohibition on outdoor parties after 8 p.m.and increased checkpoints in Gulshan, Banani, Baridhara and the University of Dhaka.

U.S citizens are reminded that there is an active Travel Alert for Bangladesh issued on November 10, 2015, and a Worldwide Travel Alert issued on November 23, 2015. The Embassy reminds those U.S. citizens considering travel to maintain vigilant situational awareness and to avoid large crowds and crowded places.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catbird For This Useful Post:
linttrap (12-29-2015), NowVoyager (12-29-2015), Ter (12-30-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 01:38 AM   #15
Ter
Voluntary Exile

Thanked 1,955 Times in 687 Posts
Thanks Catbird. We have been adequately forewarned by several Embassies.
I am one of the wardens for security of a European Embassy so we get texts several times a day. The last one I got an hour ago said "you are advised to stay indoors on 31st December after 20:00 hours. Do not go to open air parties in hotels or clubs."

I haven't been going to New Year parties for years now, prefer to spend the evening at home with my family, good food, a bottle of bubbly and a good movie

The bastard terrorists are spoiling it for everybody now.
Ter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ter For This Useful Post:
Catbird (12-30-2015), lonfa (12-31-2015), NowVoyager (12-30-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 04:53 AM   #16
Sysiphus
Senior Level 6

Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,079 Posts
Crazy in Rome. There are police and carabinieri everywhere. I have necer seen so many police absent an actual attack or disaster.
NowVoyager (12-30-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 12:18 PM   #17
BuilderBob

No comment.

Two Minute Conservative
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BuilderBob For This Useful Post:
NowVoyager (12-31-2015), proteus (12-30-2015), Samen (12-30-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 01:49 PM   #18
Samen
unregistered

This one mile down the road 5 minutes ago, attacks on terrorism or something.
Happy new year

aabcac5d-6e6e-4d33-b33c-847cb0c9d060.jpg
Samen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:11 PM   #19
Samen
unregistered

Hmm it seems it was empty but they did have to evac the next door full terrorist shelters, 2 bad the temps have been going up need the minus 30 c now!

Its the small stuff that piles up, not so much the big acts.
Like today 12 hours on trains and busses (instead of 7 to just get home) to meet someone special for 45 minutes, bloody rag head terrorist bastards (3 of them) tried to travel with only partial distance payed tickets, took 30 minutes to get the issue solved and another 5 minutes for them to count their coins to get new tickets for the rest of the trip after cops bothered to show up.
Some missed their flights some ships, some other connecting transport and I only got to see DD for 5 minutes instead of 45, bastard goat mucking muslim terrorist are worse than left wing commie terrorists, and these ass holes are all over the place.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:46 PM   #20
Samen
unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderBob View Post
Europe will fight back against the Turkish oppression attemts as it has done before with success.

It will take some time to change attitude and assemble against the Muslim number X of conquering Europe (one to 2 years) but it will be done, there is no alternative, the Turkish Israel alliance against Europe has to be won and will be.

20 million dead is my estimate but worth it for freedom from the rag heads.

No need to be pessimistic.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:20 PM   #21
Catbird
Chasing my tailfeathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ter View Post
Thanks Catbird. We have been adequately forewarned by several Embassies.
I am one of the wardens for security of a European Embassy so we get texts several times a day. The last one I got an hour ago said "you are advised to stay indoors on 31st December after 20:00 hours. Do not go to open air parties in hotels or clubs."

I haven't been going to New Year parties for years now, prefer to spend the evening at home with my family, good food, a bottle of bubbly and a good movie

The bastard terrorists are spoiling it for everybody now.
I'm glad that you have reliable sources for critical info like this. I had a feeling that you might. But, these days I figure that having as much info as possible never hurts.

Old 12-30-2015, 04:31 PM   #22
Samen
unregistered

IMO
"you are advised to stay indoors on 31st December after 20:00 hours. Do not go to open air parties in hotels or clubs."

messages are a attempt to make one a sheep.

Fuck the threats, don't give in to terror, but then again If I had attacked the 3 rag heads and thrown them of the buss i would have gone to jail, need to attack the government (sending these text messages) first, kill it and then attack the rag heads using the system made possible by the government.

Don't ask what the government can do for you, just look at what it has done to you, text messages against decapitating bombing raping torturing Islamites ROTFLMAO 1984
Old 12-31-2015, 02:38 AM   #23
Ter
Voluntary Exile

Thanked 1,955 Times in 687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samen View Post
IMO
"you are advised to stay indoors on 31st December after 20:00 hours. Do not go to open air parties in hotels or clubs."

messages are a attempt to make one a sheep.

Fuck the threats, don't give in to terror, but then again If I had attacked the 3 rag heads and thrown them of the buss i would have gone to jail, need to attack the government (sending these text messages) first, kill it and then attack the rag heads using the system made possible by the government.

Don't ask what the government can do for you, just look at what it has done to you, text messages against decapitating bombing raping torturing Islamites ROTFLMAO 1984
Samen, I got the message and thanks.
My utmost priority - and that should be everybody's priority - is to keep my family and myself safe. Better a living coward than a dead hero as they say in my language..

Fighting terror does not necessarily involve AK 47's. I can contribute only if I am alive.
Ter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ter For This Useful Post:
NowVoyager (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 04:10 AM   #24
BuilderBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ter View Post
I can contribute only if I am alive.
True. But you must be able to defend yourself to stay alive and my guvmunt is actively preventing me from doing this while encouraging the listing of many more buildings as mosques which are off limits to all authority.
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BuilderBob For This Useful Post:
NowVoyager (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 06:19 PM   #25
Catbird
Chasing my tailfeathers

I don't think we have anyone near Munich, but in case someone is traveling the area, heads up please!

Translated from:

https:[email protected]

Current indications that in # Munich terrorist attack is planned.
Please avoid crowds and the train stations Hauptbahnhof + Pasing

Pasinger Bahnhof and Hauptbahnhof already vacated. The trains run on this no more! Please observe the instructions of the police.

Tags
attacks, burkina, fallout, faso, hostages, jihadi, killed, masked, tbm, terrorism, threats, world