Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > Politics

Politics Step up and make your case on all manner of political topics.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:16 AM   #1
flourbug
Don't wrestle with a pig. The pig enjoys it and you get muddy.

Thanked 10,693 Times in 4,661 Posts
Default Private investigator says slain DNC staffer Seth Rich contacted WikiLeaks before his death

Interesting. The family was quite upset that Rich's murder was being politicized by people claiming he was the insider who leaked DNC emails to Wikileaks. They were also upset that the police weren't finding his killer. So they hired a private investigator...

Quote:
Nearly a year after the unexplained slaying of a Democratic National Committee staffer, a private investigator hired by the victim's family says he has some key information.

Staffer Seth Rich's violent death prompted several conspiracy theories considering his political ties and according to Rod Wheeler, there's at least some certainty on if Rich was communicating with WikiLeaks.

"Absolutely. Yeah. That's confirmed," the former D.C. detective and Fox News contributor told FOX 5 according to information he supposedly has from unnamed sources.

Rich was shot twice in the back at approximately 4:20 a.m. on July 10, 2016, just a block from his home.

His loved ones would say they saw bruises on his body, suggesting a struggle, but despite signs of a robbery, none of Rich's belongings were missing when police arrived.

Wheeler added that as he's been conducting his own parallel investigation, he's gotten an odd message from a friend in the D.C. Police Department.

"I have a source inside the police department that has looked at me straight in the eye and said, 'Rod, we were told to stand down on this case and I can't share any information with you.' Now, that is highly unusual for a murder investigation, especially from a police department."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.3169517
flourbug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flourbug For This Useful Post:
NowVoyager (05-16-2017), Sonny (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 08:14 AM   #2
Exodia
Khan of the Golden Horde

Thanked 4,860 Times in 2,181 Posts
Those damn Russians.
"Now, mark my words. So long as we are a young and virtuous people, this instrument will bind us together in mutual interests, mutual welfare, and mutual happiness. But when we become old and corrupt, it will bind us no longer" - Alexander Hamilton about the US Constitution.
Exodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:07 AM   #3
A.T. Hagan
Your "Crazy Town" reporter

Thanked 7,120 Times in 3,021 Posts
Family of slain DNC staffer demands retractions from Fox News, local TV station

Quote:
The family of Seth Rich, the Democratic National Committee staffer who was fatally shot last July, is demanding retractions from Fox News and WTTG-TV on Wednesday for their inaccurate reports on the unsolved murder, a spokesman for the family told CNN Wednesday.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/17/medi...inkId=37703425
Old 05-18-2017, 09:54 AM   #4
flourbug

Quote:
"The family is officially asking for a retraction and an apology from Fox News and from the Fox 5 DC affiliate for inaccurate reporting and damaging the legacy of their son," spokesman Brad Bauman said.
Brad Bauman is a Democrat Crisis PR operative who is speaking "for the family".

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/763852003093217280

According to Paul Joseph Watson,

Quote:
Last week, I wrote an article asking why Brad Bauman, a crisis communications manager for the Democratic Party, had been hired by RIch’s family to act as their spokesman.

Bauman’s first action was to insist that people stop questioning the unsolved circumstances behind Rich’s murder.

After the article was published, I was contacted by a prominent source close to the Democratic Party who didn’t want to be named (for obvious reasons), but said I was “on the money” with my reporting and that there was a cover-up taking place.
https://nworeport.me/2016/08/19/seth...-was-murdered/

Brad Bauman keeps saying "a third party" hired Rod Wheeler, the private investigator who spoke with Fox. That "third party" is Seth Rich's brother, Aaron. On March 19, 2017, Rich's brother Aaron started a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for the murder investigation.

http://www.newsweek.com/slain-dnc-st...ampaign-574237

Seth Rich was shot twice in the back, shortly after supplying 44,000 emails from the DNC server to a representative of Wikileaks.

Quote:
The Democratic National Committee staffer who was gunned down on July 10 on a Washington, D.C., street last July just steps from his home had leaked thousands of internal emails to WikiLeaks, law enforcement sources told Fox News.

A federal investigator who reviewed an FBI forensic report detailing the contents of DNC staffer Seth Rich’s computer generated within 96 hours after his murder, said Rich made contact with Wikileaks through Gavin MacFadyen [pictured: bottom right], a now-deceased American investigative reporter, documentary filmmaker, and director of WikiLeaks who was living in London at the time.

“I have seen and read the emails between Seth Rich and Wikileaks,” the federal investigator told Fox News, confirming the MacFadyen connection. He said the emails are in possession of the FBI, while the stalled case is in the hands of the Washington Police Department.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ks-emails-fbi/

Rich was ALIVE and ALERT when he was found by DC police. He lived for almost 2 hours. There were surveillance cameras in the area where he was attacked, listening devices (shot spotter) and two of the responding police officers wore body cams.

https://twitter.com/polnewsforever/s...18080021630976

Quote:
Police officers patrolling the area responded to the gun shots around 4:20 a.m. using the ShotSpotter system to find the location of the shooting. Rich was taken to a local hospital where he died a short time later.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2707538

Now for a little fb speculation.... remember how the Obama Administration was surveilling tens of thousands of people prior to the election, and has admitted surveilling Wikileaks and everyone in contact with them, looking to support their allegations of a Russian connection?

How does the muh Russia narrative hold up when it is proven that the DNC emails were provided to Wikileaks by an insider, the Podesta emails were obtained by a phishing scheme when Podesta emailed his password to a staffer, and the Clinton emails were released by the FBI? It doesn't hold up, at all.

Remember how Susan Rice asked for immunity for testifying? Doesn't it make sense that, if the US was watching Wikileaks and everyone connected to it, it would know about the meeting between MacFadyen and Rich?

“I think we have to make examples now of people who have violated the trust of HRC and the rest of the team. People going forward need to know there are stiff consequences for leaking, self-promotion, unauthorized talking with the press."

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/36082?1=1

Whoops... have to edit to add that I just found out that Lou Dobbs claims the DC police "lost" the police body cam videos as well as Rich's electronic devices. What a surprise.

Last edited by flourbug; 05-18-2017 at 11:06 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to flourbug For This Useful Post:
A.T. Hagan (05-18-2017), leistb (05-18-2017), NowVoyager (05-18-2017), Ross (05-18-2017), Sonny (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 12:13 PM   #5
A.T. Hagan
Your "Crazy Town" reporter

Thanked 7,120 Times in 3,021 Posts
Unproved Claims Re-Emerge Around DNC Staffer's Death: Here's What You Should Know

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/17/528804...ou-should-know
Old 05-18-2017, 01:27 PM   #6
flourbug

I always enjoy Googling the names of people who write articles. A list of "friendly" journalists who wrote pro-Clinton articles:

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/1603

Bias? I don't see no bias here!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flourbug For This Useful Post:
A.T. Hagan (05-18-2017), NowVoyager (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 01:40 PM   #7
Sysiphus
Senior Level 6

Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,079 Posts
Quote:
Seth Rich was shot twice in the back, shortly after supplying 44,000 emails from the DNC server to a representative of Wikileaks.
Quote:
Rich was ALIVE and ALERT when he was found by DC police. He lived for almost 2 hours.
While this does all seem quite fishy, wouldn't a professional shoot him in the head and make sure he was dead? Doesn't add up to me.
Toner (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 01:45 PM   #8
Exodia
Khan of the Golden Horde

Thanked 4,860 Times in 2,181 Posts
Sounds like a lot of "please don't kill me too" going on.
"Now, mark my words. So long as we are a young and virtuous people, this instrument will bind us together in mutual interests, mutual welfare, and mutual happiness. But when we become old and corrupt, it will bind us no longer" - Alexander Hamilton about the US Constitution.
Exodia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Exodia For This Useful Post:
NowVoyager (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 02:07 PM   #9
flourbug

Sysiphus, there's a LOT of conflicting information and things that just plain do not make sense in this case. But what's new about that?
The Following User Says Thank You to flourbug For This Useful Post:
Sysiphus (05-19-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #10
NowVoyager
Senior Level 6

Thanked 8,798 Times in 3,487 Posts
Old thread regarding Seth Rich

http://thisbluemarble.com/showthread...ight=rich+seth

Considering the conflicting information and he wasn't robbed and to the best of my knowledge was not involved in any sort of love affair gone bad or such........ I can't help but think that there's more going on than anyone in a position to let *all* the facts be made public, that someone high up on the political food chain is going to do whatever it takes to keep this one buried........ Literally and figuratively.

Now...... donning my I'll put this out there ......

Who might be next, who's involved in this, to have some terrible, unfortunate accident or be the victim of some strange end?

Walt Whitman
NowVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:43 AM   #11
Sysiphus
Senior Level 6

Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,079 Posts
Quote:
Who might be next, who's involved in this, to have some terrible, unfortunate accident or be the victim of some strange end?
A few of my law school classmates were nearly killed in muggings around Dupont Circle while I was in law school at Georgetown in the mid-1990s. When the perps realized they had almost beaten them to death, they ran off as quickly as possible leaving wallets, purses etc. on the victims because they did not want to get caught. Frankly, I have no idea, except that DC is a complete s--tshow in terms of personal safety. The truth will eventually come out on this one - it isn't the Kennedy assassination and we live in a very different world than the 1960s.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:18 AM   #12
flourbug

Sysiphus, there's enough information in this to go either way - robbery or hit. If it was a robbery it was beyond a tragic coincidence, enough for Julian Assange not to buy it and offer a reward for information about his killers.

If you enjoy internet sleuthing, this is a thread worth reading: https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...pol_and_other/

People have linked reddit and instagram accounts to Seth Rich. Further connections imply, "Seth Rich was a Bernie Sanders fan who was one of only a few who had the ability to lower the firewall FOR A MOLE HE PERSONALLY RECOMMENDED who worked for the Sanders campaign in order for that mole (Urestka) to retrieve the files."

Tags
contacted, death, dnc, investigator, private, rich, seth, slain, staffer, wikileaks